The maintenance of marine gearbox is very important, which can effectively prolong its service life and avoid failures and accidents. The following are some common maintenance measures:
1. Change the transmission oil regularly: Transmission oil is necessary for the proper functioning of the transmission, so it needs to be changed regularly. The replacement cycle depends on the specific usage conditions, and it is generally recommended to replace it every 300-500 hours or at least once a year.
2. Oil filling inspection: Before the gearbox is running, it is necessary to check whether there is enough lubricating oil, and ensure that the oil quantity and oil quality meet the requirements.
3. Cleaning: The gearbox needs to be cleaned regularly, especially on boats used in seawater environments. Pay attention to waterproof when cleaning, and use special cleaning agents and tools.
4. Check the transmission device: regularly check whether the transmission device of the gearbox, such as couplings, clutches, etc. are intact, and replace or repair in time if any problems are found.
5. Regular maintenance: Regularly maintain the gearbox, including checking whether the gears, bearings, seals and other components are normal and whether they need to be replaced.
6. Correct operation: Correct operation of the gearbox can reduce wear and failure, and the instructions in the operation manual should be followed.
All in all, regular maintenance and maintenance are key measures to ensure the normal operation of marine gearboxes. If any abnormality is found, please contact a professional for inspection and maintenance in time.